BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 19, 2010

Stamp Pad Holder

So, I've been looking for a stamp pad holder so that all my Stampin' Up! stamp pads are in one place. I came across this site (link below) and directions for a stamp pad holder made out of foam core board. Yes! It's really out of foam core board!

It was a lot of work and I had to enlist Jon's help, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. Thanks to Karen of Syzygy of Me and her directions. To view her directions, click this link http://syzygyofme.blogspot.com/2010/06/foam-board-project-dimensions.html
I made mine out of black foam core board so it would match my room. Her directions state that you need 2 sheets of 20X30 foam core board, but that is wrong!! You really need 4. You also need to cut your vertical supports at 14" and not at 13 3/4" as stated. I added pink die cut labels to the top to reference the SU! core colors, retired colors, and in colors. The die is from Lot of Tags SU! sizzlit die (item # 114508) If you have any questions, please let me know! Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Great job on this! I really like it in black!

Ninon said...

I absolutely LOVE it! Gonna try to make one for myself :-) Thanks for the great idea!

Deborah March said...

WICKEDLY fabulous project...WTG!!

Scrappin Crafter said...

oooohhhh I LOVE it!! I'm going to get some foam board this weekend and give it a try. I might need to get 8 sheets! ;-) Just in case! LOL
TFS

Cousin Stephanie said...

Do you think an old 8-track storage rack would work for this? I work at a radio station and we have TONS of those racks lying around; we used 8-tracks for years to play automated commercials because they were a cheap means of audio storage. We never got rid of the racks though and they've been in the studios forever. Like many crafters, us DJs are packrats; we never get rid of anything.

scrappingwest said...

It might work. My collection of ink pads has since grown and I outgrew this storage system. I found a cassette holder at goodwill that I'm currently using. It fits my Stampin Up inks, my Hero Arts inks, my Versafine ink, and my Momento inks, but it does not fit my Distress inks (height wise.) The 8 track holder may work for the distress inks